Monday, January 21, 2013

We're Not in Kansas Anymore

But I was in Kansas last week - visiting my boyfriend and his family after being apart for the dreariest four weeks of my entire life. Okay, I exaggerate - being abroad for four months was a little bit more difficult. The point is that I missed my Andrew dearly and was overjoyed to be reunited with him.

he'd look at me like this
and i'd look back like this

and then he'd sip his drink to calm his excited nerves
and then I'd do something to get his attention again

and back and forth and back and forth

Besides gazing into each others eyes for hours on end...

- we went to the Exploratarium (Andrew insists on calling it by it's given name: The Exploration Place)

- we took lil Frankie for a walk


- and witnessed the miracle that is Andrew's famous chili

In addition to those three momentous occasions, I got to visit with his family a ton (which I always love) and eat my weight in the most delicious food Wichita had to offer. 


and thennn we packed up and readied ourselves for the long trek down to Dallas to start school
and thennnnnnnn we drove down to Dallas
and then and then and then we got back and went out to celebrate my best friend's 21st

AND THEN
I fell down the stairs while sitting on my foot and now it looks like it took a trip through a paper shredder


Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. You two are adorable! My husband and I did long distance for a year before we were married and it sucked! Proud of you guys for making it!

    When Mine Became Ours

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you that you got to reunite with you boyfriend! Can I just say that I'm really excited about the fact that he wears v necks and cardigans? Most guys I know stick with t shirts and plain button ups and I just wish they would mix it up a little!

    Anyway, that's all. Hope your foot is feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete